Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Say Hello to 2008

It's definitely been a longgg time since I last blogged (felt so blog-deprived at the same time). Certain things in life have compelled me to press a pause button to blogging. And today as i blog, it's 2008. So, a loud Hello to 2008. And, a louder Hello to my teaching career! >.<

2008 marks a new path of exciting journey for me. It will no longer be travelled by airplane like what i'd always experienced over the years (God knows how much i hate late-booking or overweight check-in). It's time to hit the road!!! Not Highway or Expressway but Trunk Road and Feeder Road. Don't know their meaning? Don't you fret coz those are just terms used a lot here in Sarawak to describe the type of roads here. We are still very much environmentalist here, preserving our mother nature yo.


Feeder Road

Trunk Road

And today, after i've written this, I am all-ready to leave Sibu and go for what is prepared for me there. It's SK Bukit Arip in Selangau. I'm not sure how to describe the place coz it's not available in google map, nor is it in Sarawak map. But, it's about 2 hrs north-east from Sibu - 130km or 80 miles or Batu 80 =P Going to Bintulu from my school takes about 1 hour. That's basically it!

But, i will tell you more when i come back this weekend. If lucky, i might be able to catch some nice photos to share here. So, it's time to hit the ROAD!

Logging off now - 9.00am -

5 Comments:

At 9:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just heard today that u've been posted to Selangau. Ur friend's in SMK Tung Hua...and I heard another one is in Miri. Welcome to the real world! Good luck in ur first posting and wishing u every success in ur career as a teacher. Hope it will be as rewarding as the one I had.

BTW, Selangau's got a lot of wild boar meat. When u come back to Sibu, do bring some for me, oK? LOL!!!

 
At 11:06 PM , Blogger clement said...

wow, your rumor is accurate, anyway, i tot you'll be going back daily.

 
At 3:24 PM , Blogger Nigel J. W. Ong said...

hey..how are u doing now?
it sounds cool to go inland and teach huh?
wih u all the best in ur teaching career, and enjoy ur life there!

btw, do drop by my page
saintnigel.blogspot.com

 
At 6:26 PM , Blogger Jarod Yong said...

write about it bro!
tell me about your school!

 
At 12:34 AM , Blogger The Skatemusicianer said...

Larry here bro..haven't been here in a while..i have a new blog..www.theskatemusicianer.blogspot.com

See ya and take care!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home