Saturday, December 09, 2006

Home

It's good to be home. And, i'm finally home. Practically, food will never be a problem. No longer do i need to think of what to eat today, what to cook today, what kind of vegetables do i need to buy today, what time should i cook today. All of these will be the last thing that i will ever think about now. because now i have got my favorite food placed on table waiting to be crunched and munched. Very often, these delicious food can be sniffed meters away from kitchen. this is one of the advantages of being home.

There are several advantages and disadvantages of being home. One advantage was mentioned above. Another one would be hanging out with friends or long-lost friends. it's been ages since i last met them. and i wish to have those memories back then to come back. But how can i turn back time to repeat the same memory again? it's impossible. i'm no longer a little boy as i used to have. Yet, i still have a heart of boy - active, hyper, gifted, bright (i think) and witty. tomorrow, i will go track down those who are still in Sibu, who escapes UNI class and who have not returned to Uni. Lots of chit-chat to catch up, and craps to talk about: girlfriends, study, work, games, cars, phone, house, condominium, orang-utan pondok etc etc.

Another advantage is to do my own thing. there are many things i have to do within this one month: Project 24, creating website, watching movies, shopping, lim teh, lim teh again and again. I am making an effort to do more than i can everyday. Tomorrow will be a better day. And everyday is a surprise and i am going to live my life to the fullest. :)

However, i am not used to this environment. An environment of worries-free, comfort-zone, and laid-back. Having to study in Australia for two years, i have learnt to be competitive, to be self-motivated, to take neccesary risks, and to be determined in doing things that i want to do.
These are some values that i brought within me back home; and i don't want to lose them. in fact, i am afraid that one day i might return to my old self. NoNo~~ i shouldn't be thinking such. Sometimes, i was a little surprised at my friends when they told me something like, 'why bother to try hard when you know you're just getting a Pass?' or 'As long as i don't fail, i'm safe.' i never had such thought ever since i was in Australia. Funny thing is i never believed that i would just get a Pass, even to the extent that i failed my paper. I tried and i failed, and i try again, try until i exceed.

There are two ways you can choose to believe the word 'try'. It's either one by Simpson who once said, "You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'", or by Thomas Edison who once said, "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time". Make a choice. i have made mine, have you?

I have a dream in me that is quite impossible to come true. That dream is not created by me. It comes from my heart. Yet i created the dream. It's impossible now because i'm not ready, nor am i prepared. So it's time to prepare for the big big task!!!

One day...

and One day... ...

and maybe One day... ... ... it will come true

2 Comments:

At 1:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

giving up is an easy thing to do, but it also means that you'd be giving up the million possibilities that'd come your way if you try..

If you fail, at least you have tried and you can gladly say that 'I've tried' and trust me that failure that comes your way might just be a blessing in disguise ;) and usually will lead to more positive thoughts-if you set your heart on it ;)but if you simply give up, there's not much left to say, is there? =)

The Man Above himself went through pretty challenging moments, so things kinda speak for themselves already hihi

but then again, what do I know? ;)
I know one thing though, that you ain't a quitter =)

 
At 9:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

:) i was listening to my MP3 player and there was this song that i tot i'd like to share with you. Hope it will be of some sort of encouragement or blessing :)

"Lord i offer my life to You"

all that i am
all that i have
i lay them down before You, O Lord
all my regrets
all my acclaims
my joy and my pain
i'm making them Yours

things in the past
things yet unseen
wishes and dreams that are yet to come true
all of my hopes
all of my plans
my heart and my hands
are lifted to You

Lord i offer my life to You
everything i've been through
use it for Your glory

Lord i offer my days to You
lifting my praise to You
as a pleasing sacrifice
Lord i offer You my life


^_^ God...is in control of every situation.

Hope you have a good break in Sibu. Take things slowly and with perseverance. i believe that with your abilty, you will be able to achieve excellence! :) \(^^)/

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home