Saturday, April 05, 2008

Pre-graduation thoughts

Coming to KL this time round gives a lot of meanings to me. It’s not the shopping that I seek though it is one of them. But, the graduation ceremony marking the end of the 5½ years of Degree programme I had undertaken.

I cannot explain how much I have changed over the past few years, especially the times I had in Brisbane. There were times of joy, happiness, delight, and celebration. And there were also times of sadness, disappointment, sorrow and pains.

In the end, I came back home alive.

All I can say is that QUT – its people, its surrounding, its community – has made me who I have become today. All these experience of learning, study, assignments, visitation, and social gathering have taught me everything I want to be a better person.

One of the biggest highlights in QUT, that some of you might have known, was when I failed in my Children’s Literature assignment (a 3 out of 7 grading scale). The unit lecturer wasn’t of any supportive at that moment. And that was my greatest defeat in my life as a student. It was then my coordinator, Dr Jo Carr who gave me the courage and support to help me through this period. And also Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior who never left me alone through this period with great resilient, persistence and determination. In the end, I managed to pull it through with a 5 in the final result. Thank you Lord.

I also want to thank my community of friends, especially those in our own cohort and Cohort 2. They are truly the greatest. Whenever there is celebration, everyone comes and celebrates. When someone needs help, we try our best to help. When there is time, we always chill out at Queen Street Mall, Cineplex Southbank, or even Korean and Chinese Restaurant – Hot Wok.

For Cohort 2, I am much blessed with the coming of 2 Catholic friends – Fatima Anne and Adel. With their helps and also others like Dave, Danny, Agnes, Angela etc, I had the courage to participate in prayer meetings and monthly camping. They are the ones blessed and sent by God to me to guide me.

I also want to thank my two parents for being so supportive of me in times of troubles and doubts. They are the ones who guide me in making the right decisions and in doing the right things. Though we seldom kept in touch through phone, I know in their hearts, they are praying for me always. And without them, I won’t be here attending this big ceremony today.

One of the many reasons why I could go on traveling is because of the job opportunities in Australia. For this reason, I thank Australia for giving me the money to earn and travel. My first experience of work in Bundaberg was awful but it taught me how to survive on foreign land besides giving me a new chance to work at beef factory in Toowomba. My return to Bundaberg for a second time was great, as it was the season for harvesting and I had great fun working there.

There is one last person I want to thank here. She is one greatest friend I have ever made and met when I was in overseas. Her name is Gloria Teng. I just want to take this opportunity to thank her and God for having our paths crossed. She guided and inspired me through my last semester in Australia, which was also my busiest yet the greatest semester in Australia. It’s difficult to explain the ways she did but she did it. And I thank her for that and appreciate them.

See, this coming to KL is not just a trip, but more than that. It marks the end of my study life and also a start to my new journey as an adult, a teacher, and someone who is greater than life.

More to come, more to see, more to achieve.
Be positive and be alert!

And thank you Lord for making all these things possible.

3 Comments:

At 4:32 AM , Blogger Jarod Yong said...

Yeah!
Nick has certainly grown so much & learnt so much!
All thanks to his open mind & gentle heart!
Also for the grace of Jesus!
=D

Wishing you all the best, Nick!

 
At 2:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's been quite a long time since I saw the last blog. Great to read many wonderful stories from my brother. I have similar experience like you too during my 6 years time in Japan. It's undeniable truth that God has led me to what I am today and will continue to lead me till my going away from this earth. Let's continue stay in the Lord, pray and strive in our life. Congratulation once again to your graduation!

 
At 10:37 AM , Blogger glo teng said...

likewise, thank you :)

congratulations!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home