Friday, February 16, 2007

Home

I am home after a month of hectic and challenging life in IPBA. I am tired mentally, physically and emotionally. Thanks to a busy day this morning where I had two tutorials classes to attend to and the Jabatan HEP (Hal Ehwal Pelajar) to chase after their signature of my absence. While today was still a working Thursday, the college seemed very much deserted after its recess hour. It could be speculated that both students and even lecturers who don’t have classes are heading back home for CNY!

Trying to make full use of the remaining few hours in IPBA, Doreen, Elyas, Rosalynn and I went out for a leisure drive and walk at Bangsar which slowly drew the two ladies to some dress shopping. One even ended up buying a cool and cheap dress there!

There is not much time left to spare once i arrived back hostel. I quickly packed up my luggage. Just as I packed and looked for the things to be brought back, I stumbled on a pendant which has long been kept in my drawer. It’s a hook-shaped pendant given to me on my birthday last year. Taking it out of the drawer took me back to the time when I first looked at it saying 'whoaaa' and when I first wore it. It is pretty but it’s a little dusty. It’s so obvious that I have not been wearing it for quite some time. And although its black string looked a little dusty, the white pendant is still shiny like before.


Somehow, I was brought to reflect the times when I neglected her over the past few weeks. I had come out with a hundred and one reasons to cover myself eg discussion, meeting, dinner, appointment etc. It worked but somehow i feel the uneasiness within. Also, not everything has fallen in the right place. in fact, many important things are not done yet as compared to unimportant things like watching movies, outing etc. Priority is one that i am lacking of now. It would be a big challenge for me next Tuesday when i go back IPBA and give myself a new opportunity to once again set my priorities right.

In the taxi where I was on a 1-hour trip to the airport, I was brought to think how fast time has passed. It seemed like yesterday when I first stepped on KL in pursuit of a new semester in IPBA; but now I was on my way back home. In this one month, something amazing happened. I didn’t whinge about my future practicum which is coming soon in July. Neither did I complain about my future life as a language teacher. I made less comparison about my life in IPBA and in Brisbane back then, except one which is on the lack of resources and books in IPBA library. Perhaps, I begin to be able to accept the fact of me becoming a future language teacher. It’s crazy but I think I begin to see myself as a language teacher now. What is happening to me? What is happening around me? Has it been something working within me? Should it be a good thing or a bad thing?

Anyway, I’m tired now. Hardly can I think anymore. It’s time to take some time off to rest now. The question of whether it’s good or bad will appear one day.

1 Comments:

At 11:12 AM , Blogger glo teng said...

mm, i so know wat u mean abt tak cukup buku and resources... oh well... :)

happy CNY and hope you get to spend lotsa time with ur family ^_^ now i sorta know how it feels to celebrate a festival w/out the family.. things that i've taken for granted, things that i dinno how to cherish, now i know :)

^_^ 珍惜、感激!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home