Saturday, May 12, 2007

to wangsa maju

Is there such thing as a never-ending grand ceremony? Most likely no. I once heard a Chinese proverb that says that, there is no such thing in the world as never-ending grand occasion. Somehow, it implies that no matter how lovely and special people come together at a place and get to know each other, a time will come when they have to say goodbye. And I think tonight, I have experienced this feeling ever so greatly and strongly. My Wangsa friends, with whom i have stayed with for the past 5 years, are going to leave this place for good soon.

and, there will be no more wangsa

I have been staying at my friend's place for almost five years regardless of the 2 years abroad. In retrospect, Wangsa Maju was a place i find peace and fun whenever i feel like running away from IPBA. Living in IPBA is good, but sometime it can be quite horrendous. Often, this will be the runaway place for me during weekends or holiday. This friend of mine, kyo (Dee Cheong) has always been there to welcome me no matter how busy he is, despite us fighting and scolding and disturbing each other at times.

Reflecting on the time when i left Malaysia, i realized i did not actually miss Wangsa that much. In many ways, i always thought that Wangsa will still be there even when i come back next time, hence, i don't have to worry too much about me losing Wangsa or my friend leaving me. And yes, indeed, Wangsa is still a place where i hang out at every weekend.

But thing has changed and time has changed. My two friends here have finished their study, and soon they will be going back to Sibu. And before long, they will be leaving to Singapore in search of new jobs. And, sooner i won't be coming back to the house again. Sooner, i won't see this house anymore. And sooner i too am leaving this place.

Somehow, the feeling of seeing people leaving is more heartbreaking than me leaving a place. This feeling is agonizing. For the past years, i was the one who left places. Hence the depressing feeling came when i was te one who had to leave the place. Hence, it never daunts on me that i would feel such agonized seeing people leaving around me.

Somehow, seeing people leaving around me makes me realized that i am no longer a child anymore. In childhood, children will come from different neighourhood and play together. But now, i am more of a grown-up person who need to plan and manage my own life. Very soon, i am entering adulthood where my daily routine will evolve around work, eat and sleep. Who knows, a new routine of building family may come in near future.

Anyway, the memories that are left in wangsa maju can always remain: the good and the bad times, the sweet and the sour memories. Maybe what's said of that there is no such thing in the world as never-ending grand occasion is in fact very true. We all have to grow up in age inevitably, even if one refuses. Yet one can always choose in his maturity, for maturity is not relative to one's age.

Good night.

3 Comments:

At 1:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

*hugs*

 
At 1:15 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

good one ah nick! ah po

 
At 5:32 AM , Blogger Jarod Yong said...

YEAH!!!
GO WANGSA MAJU!!!
KUNG PAO PORK!!!
THE BEST IN KL & SOME SAY SIBU!!!
=D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home