Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day, dad

It's Father's Day today, and I would like to dedicate this special day to all the daddies out there, and most importantly to my own dad, Ling Teck Lo.

He is a man with few words, but with many actions. Over the years, I found that he is not the type of man who would verbally utter how much his love is for me and my brother, but rather in all his doings, he has already shown me he is a genuine father: someone who protects, guides, cares, sacrifices and loves me unconditionally. His actions speak beyond his words.

I learned a lot from my father: his determination, patience and open-mindedness. Probably the most prominent observation is his patience and calmness in dealing with difficult situations. He ain't got no formulas for it. But clearly, he does have his conscious mind to reason things rationally, and not jump straight into conclusion. Simple and easy.

I know I am not as patient as he is now. And certainly, I'm learning to be like him one day.

Happy Father's Day.

2 Comments:

At 6:36 AM , Blogger Jarod Yong said...

I dont know your dad personally but I met him during your convo & he looks like a really nice guy!
=)

 
At 6:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bravo to your comment bro. Yea, I owed a lot to dad too. Happy Father's Day to dad.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home