Monday, July 10, 2006

a little more

My first semester ended a month ago. During the following few weeks of holiday, besides rewarding myself to go New Zealand (including the beautiful gorgeous South Island), Sydney, and Melbourne, I was eagerly anticipating my results.

The first news I received was when I was in Wellington - a Monday morning when Guna and Nesa had just arrived at Wellington from Auckland. An e-mail from my Maths lecturer informed me that I could now go and collect my assignment at her office. I couldn't be bothered at first when i knew i was so far geographically from her office. Luckily, thanks to Hani that she suggested me to e-mail her about my result. Afternoon came, while the guys - Nesa, Guna n Jarod - were still sleeping soundly, i received a reply from her. 55/60. Woohoo~~~ I was so overwhelmed, that in the next second, i bang on Jarod's back. What the hack? He asked, and i explained to him everything. Good on you! Congrats mate~ were the replies. How happy I was at that particular moment when I knew I've got one 7's.

The next e-mail wasn't a good one. It arrived when I was in Sydney. It was EDB353 - Curriculum & Material Design. I thought i would get a similarly pleasant one like Maths, but this dream was thrashed when I simply scored 4 n 5 for two different tasks. What da hack!!! I freaked out when reading the feedback my lecturer gave. I consoled myself to not take this issue too harshly, coz i didn't it to spoil my 2-weeks-more vacation. Therefore, I predicted that i might get a 5's or 6's if i am lucky enough.

Monday 10 July. Official results have finally come out on QUT Virtual (a personal website for each QUT student). I clearly remember that on that morning, Italy won their fourth World Cup against France. Viva Azzuri. When i login to my website, it's beyond my expectation that my result would appear to be as such:
2006/1
EAB023
MATH EXPLORATIONS IN EC
7
EDB010
FIELD STUDIES: TEACHING OF ENGLISH
6
EDB352
TESOL METHODOLOGY 2
7
EDB353
TESOL MATERIALS AND CURRICULUM DEV
6
I bang and bang the sleeping Teapot on the bed. He remained sleeping though he did try to make sense what's happening to him - an earthquake or hurricane? Too bad, he went back to sleep after listening to me. What da hack~~
2 7's and 2 6's, this result doesn't look too bad ah... I thank God that i didn't get a 5's this sem; I thank God for not getting a 5's for my EDB353. I thank God for all the wisdom n perseverance n motivation He gave me when i faced difficulty to do assignments.

It's worth the effort i put in for this semester. Although this result looks brilliantly excellent, there's still improvement which i need to do to make it a perfect one. Haha~~ 'perfect' one?? it's only a dream only la; might not be achieved. I dream (it's always my dream) to have a perfect straight 7's this semester, but i know to realise that, a little more encouragement and efforts and of everything are needed to it happen!

4 Comments:

At 9:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

waaa.it's awesome results ok? :) congrats!

 
At 6:55 PM , Blogger Nicky said...

Thanks glo... :)

 
At 4:18 PM , Blogger Jarod Yong said...

Vivva Nickolas!!!

 
At 11:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

pray that ur dream wil come true ^_^

(mine came true...few years back..and God honours and wil grant the desires of your heart, if you delight urself in Him! hang in there my dear ^_^)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home