Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Everything happens for a reason

Today is not a pleasant day. Yet, it's not the worst day i have ever been. I've experienced the worst ever. It's all because of that particular thing that ruined my entire day. For some reasons, i questioned myself why i've been so worried about this thing, thinking over it and being angry about it? Is it still worth it to think about it when i know i can't do much about it? Even if i know i can't do much about it, why would i still behave in such way?

Just a few weeks ago, my good friend here, Anne asked me a question which sounds something like this, "Do you do your assigment on the basis of enjoying the process or achieving the 7 figure?" I easily replied, the process of course. And the reason i gave her was that, the whole process of doing assignment is to enjoy what you're doing, getting yourself interested and motivated to try your very best in the process of completing it. And the rest (which is the result) is left to God to decide. It would appear meaningless to get an excellence result without you liking it. And the 7 is itself a figure only which brings no meaning whatever.

and this (what i've said) struck me today. Truly, i have placed my effort in analyzing what i need to do. And it all didn't seem to be as worthwhile as i thought. In collaboration with my friends, I truly enjoyed the challenging process in completing the thing, thinking that it would be one of the greatest analysis ever. Maybe my expectation had been too high that now that i fall, i have no hand to hold on to stand up (figuratively i mean). To some degrees, i just want to express my disatisfaction towards Debra in her strict professionalism. She just had been too critical on my evaluation. Aarghh...

Well, those words were of the past now. I have put this thing aside now. Neither will i think nor whinge about my past and the thing. I have got more important things to complete. It's week 10 now and in another 4 weeks, my semester will be over. Engaging in the past will do me no benefit. But, 1 thing i am worrying is the trauma from this. I am still finding ways to cope with this trauma. In some ways, i am trying to turn the trauma upside down, as a motivator to myself. I am not sure how effective this will work out. But i guess in life, you just gotta take risk. Take the necessary risk i mean, not the worthless risk. Just like the thing, i took the risk to explore it, investigate it, hoping to get something out of it. But the result is just satisfying. I should learn to appreciate what i have got, and learn to accept failure. i think i have read it somewhere when it said that, in order to excel, you must be ready to take risk, and be prepared to fall.

"NEVER GIVE UP"
"EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON" so does the thing

5 Comments:

At 3:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

(^^)9

 
At 4:07 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

=)

Romans 8:28 -
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

 
At 5:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You ok or not? Not sure what is this thing, but somehow I feel bad :(

Sorry...

 
At 9:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My heart goes out to u.But perhaps you may find solace in the words of Nelson Mandela like I did.
Falling:
"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling but in rising every time we fall!"

And when u pray to the Good Lord, do pray for Debra too that God may enlighten her & give her peace.

 
At 2:36 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dramatic...
watever "the thing" is
hope u'll get it all sorted out soon!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home