Saturday, August 16, 2008

I love my kids - 2008

I love my kids in school. Let me tell you why.

Year 1
Before this, you didn't know how to sit still; now, you can sit down quietly for an hour.
Before this, you only knew ABC; now, you know how to read sentences.
Before this, you only kneww 1 2 3; now, you can count to hundred.
Before this, you were naughty and uncontrollable; now, you are still naughty, but you behave at least when i raise my rotan.
Before this, you knew nothing about English song; now, you know Do-Re-Mi and many more.

Before this, I only knew one word of Iban; now, i know more than 20 words of Iban.
Before this, I raised my voice when you were noisy; now, i know it is your nature to be noisy.
Before this, I insisted a lot on you writing; now, i want you to learn to enjoy reading and hands-free writing.
Before this, I thought that all humans are born equal; now, i know some of you are smarter than another, while some need more repetition and encoragement than others.
Before this, I got disappointed easily when you failed to learn what i teach; now, i am trying new different ways for you to learn.

Year 3 & 4
Before this, so many of you were still illiterate; now, some of you have improved.
Before this, a handful of you didn't even know ABC; now, you know ABC and phonetic.
Before this, so many of you hated English; now, i think you still hate it, but you have to love it because i say so.
Before this, none of you was brave to speak up in English; now, a handful of you are speaking to me in broken English of which i am glad.
Before this, you never had the motivation to learn English; now, you are slowly making the initiatives to learn a word or two of English a day.
Before this, you didn't know how to read; now, you can read two paragraphs.

Before this, I didn't know what heck you were talking about; now, i know when you kutuk behind my back.
Before this, I said i'll can you if you fail English; now, i say you are responsible for your own learning.
Before this, I was quick to give punishment; now, i think thrice of the consequences of punishment i give.


Should I leave next year, i shall thank these kids for bringing changes to my life.

2 Comments:

At 12:39 AM , Blogger Trishomachine. said...

im so proud of you Nicky!!!

 
At 6:27 PM , Blogger Poh Lin said...

wow nicky! im indeed proud and blessed! reading this brings a lot of smiles and hope!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home